Wednesday, 4 September 2013
JATAMANSI OIL USES
· Root of Jatamansi is a memory enhancer and is neuro-protective. Unlike Valerian it increases awareness despite its calming effect.
· Jatamansi is a known brain tonic, nervine, and antispasmodic. It is a calmative and it imparts a sense of calmness, peace and relaxation.
· It helps manage stress, tension and anxiety.
· It has anti-depressant activity and increases the level of serotonin.
· It also increases the level of taurine (an amino acid (considered to be though, technically it may not be an amino acid) that helps in improving brain, heart functions, helps reduce high blood pressure, helps in diabetes, in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, epilepsy, autism, eye disorders, hepatitis, liver problems, calms the sympathetic nervous system, in alcoholism, etc.).
· It is useful in insomnia and sleep disorders.
· It helps in balancing of the nervous system, used in hysteria and other nervous convulsive problems.
· Jatamansi is used for treating epilepsy, convulsions, etc.
· It helps in treating mental retardation and mental disorders. It strengthens the mind.
· It has special potency as an anti-psychotic agent. (Anti-psychotics are used to manage psychosis such as delusions, hallucinations, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, etc.)
· It reduces hyperactivity, restlessness and aggressiveness in hyperactive children.
· The oil of Jatamansi is used to treat palpitations of the heart and it possesses anti-arrhythmic activity having use in cases of atrial or auricular flutter.
· Jatamansi is a strong antioxidant, it reduces oxidative stress thereby relieving chronic fatigue syndrome.
· It has an analgesic action and helps in treating headaches.
· It is a coolant and helps in suppressing the burning sensation.
· It is an anti-inflammatory.
· It is a diuretic and it helps in supporting urine related problems.
· It is a good reproductive and aphrodisiac. It is used in combination with other herbs in the treatment of seminal debility and impotence.
· It is used for removing general body weakness and gives the body strength.
· It helps purify the blood.
· Jatamansi helps in maintaining the circulatory system.
· Jatamansi helps in respiratory problems, it relieves the phlegm in cough, it is used in Asthma, and because of its bitter taste it helps in expelling out the excess mucus accumulated in the respiratory tract and helps in regularizing the respiratory tract.
· It is used to treat kidney stones and renal colic.
· Jatamansi is useful in hepatitis.
· It has a hepatoprotective action.
· It helps treat enlargement of the liver.
· It is used to treat jaundice.
· It is an anti-pyretic and is used to treat fever especially in combination with other herbs.
· Jatamansi relieves symptoms like vertigo, seizures etc. in fever.
· Jatamansi is an emmenagogue and promotes menstruation, thus it exerts a cleansing effect on the uterus.
· It is used in menstrual ailments like dysmenorrhoea and inflammation of the uterus.
· Helps in ovarian discomfort, distension of the lower abdomen and in pain.
· Jatamansi is used to treat problems of the digestive tract. It increases the appetite, regularizes digestion.
· It is used in gastric disorders. It is a carminative; it stops fermentation and treats flatulence.
· It is a deobstruent and aperient. (It acts as a laxative.)
· It is used to treat typhoid.
· Jatamansi is used in amoebiasis.
· The powder of the root is used to treat intestinal worms.
· Jatamansi essential oil has demonstrated activity against fungi.
· The herb is used externally as well. It is mixed with cold water to form a paste and applied to the body to reduce burning sensation, inflammation, and pain.
· Jatamansi is used to treat skin conditions. It is a regenerative especially for skin and hair.
· It is an antiseptic. The decoction of the root is applied on the affected areas in skin problems, burns, wounds, rashes, eczema, allergies and in skin infections caused by streptococcus bacteria known as erysipelas.
· It helps in improving the complexion and skin texture.
· Jatamansi promotes hair growth and imparts black color to the hair. It can be used to slow down greying of hair. Medicated or blended Jatamansi oil (often with almond oil) is extremely beneficial for smooth, silky and healthy hair.
· The oil (especially blended) can be used for massage and helps relax and calm the body and mind. It helps in headaches, migraine, tension, and insomnia.
· The oil can be used in vapour therapy as well as in baths.
· Jatamansi is very fragrant and can be used as a deodorant.
· It is used as a part of the herbs used in havan (Vedic prayers with fire).
· It is also used to make dhoop (incense) as well as perfume.
· Jatamansi oil is also used in the making of beauty aids, facemasks, and perfume.
NIGELLA SATIVA OIL USES:
· For Cough and Asthma
Apply Black seed oil to the chest and back. Mix a teaspoon of Black seed oil in boiling water and inhale the vapor twice a day.
· Cystic fibrosis
Massage the chest with black seed oil, and drink a mixture of one-teaspoon black seed oil with a teaspoon pure honey, morning afternoon and evening.
Mix a cup of whole black seeds, a cup of Water Cress Seeds, half a cup of pomegranate peel and half a cup of fumitory. Grind the mixture to powder. Take half a teaspoon of the mixture together with a teaspoon of black seed oil daily before breakfast for one month.
Mix a teaspoon of black seed oil with a cup of yogurt. Drink the mixture twice a day until symptoms disappear.
· Dry Cough
A teaspoon of black seed oil should be mixed in coffee and taken twice a day. Rub the chest and back with black seed oil.
· Eye disease & impaired vision
Rub the eyelids and the sides of the eye orbits half an hour before going to bed with black seed oil. A tablespoon of the oil should also be drunk with a cup of carrot juice. Results should be apparent in one month,
· Facial paralysis & tetanus
Inhaling the vapor of black seed oil and hot water can help against facial paralysis and tetanus, and eliminates their causes,
· Flu & nasal congestion
Placing three to four drops of black seed oil in each nostril relieves nasal congestion and head cold distress.
· Gallstones & kidney stones
Prepare a formulation of 250g of ground black seed & 250g pure honey, stir thoroughly before use. Take two tablespoons of this formulation and mix thoroughly with half a cup of hot water. Finally add one teaspoon of black seed oil. This mixture is to be taken every morning before consuming any food.
· Asthma, Bronchial & Respiratory problems
Mix a tablespoon of black seed oil in coffee. Take twice daily. Rub chest with black seed oil every night and inhale the vapor of black seed oil in hot water.
· Backache & other kinds of rheumatism
Mildly heat a small amount of black seed oil and then stroke the rheumatic area intensely. A teaspoon of oil should also be drunk three times daily.
· Beard growth
Massage the beard area with black seed oil ensuring that the oil penetrates to the roots; this stimulates the growth of the beard and prevents premature hair graying.
· Breast feeding (increase the flow of breast milk)
Prepare a mixture of 250g black seeds & 250g pure honey, stir thoroughly before each dosage. Take two tablespoons of this formulation mixed with one teaspoon of black seed oil daily.
· Common cold symptoms and nasal congestion
Firstly fry whole black seeds, then finely grind them into powder. Soak this in black seed oil and any vegetable oil. Place three to four drops in each nostril.
· For Hypertension
Take half teaspoon of Black seed oil with any hot drink at any time. Take 2 lobes of garlic on empty stomach. Apply Black seed oil to your whole body and expose it to the sun every three days, continue the treatment for a month.
· For Heart complaints & Constriction of Veins
Take half teaspoon of black seed oil mixed with any hot drink daily in the mornings, this will liquefy the fats and widen the veins and arteries.
· Inflammation of the Nose and throat
Put a few drops of oil in to a cup of boiling water and inhale the vapor. Take half a teaspoon of black seed oil with lemon juice daily.
· For Headache and Ear ache
Apply black seed oil to the forehead, sides of face adjacent to the ears and behind the ears. Take half teaspoon of Black seed Oil and continue for about 3 days.
· For Loss of Hair & premature Graying.
Scrub the scalp thoroughly with lemon, leave it for 15 minutes, wash away with water and shampoo and dry well, thereafter apply Black seed oil to the whole scalp, continue for a few weeks.
· For Eye infection, Pain and Weak sight.
Apply Black seed oil around the eyes and on the eye lid before going to sleep. Take half-teaspoon Black seed oil mixed with carrot juice. For weak sight continue treatment.
· For Backache and Rheumatic pain
Warm Black seed oil slightly and apply to the area thoroughly as you are massaging the bone, not the skin and drink half-teaspoon Black seed oil for 15 days.
· For Vomiting
Take half teaspoon of fresh ginger juice mixed with equal amount of Black seed oil, twice a day.
· For toothache
Mix a half teaspoon of Black seed oil with warm water and gargle the mouth and apply oil on the affected tooth, it will alleviate pain quickly.